Saturday 4 July 2020

Zbrush blast from the past!


Roodstown Spearhead & Rock sculpting

 I havent seen this stuff in so long, but after chatting about zbrush with Scott Purdy there, I took a look and thought people may be interested see what I was up to way back in 2008-2009. Some were even from a 3D comic I did for college.

These were all done in the digital sculpting platform zbrush. I remember I used to sculpt traditionally with clay at the same time. Was mad into researching into the history of sculpture from classical to Bernini to Rodin! I learnt so much from those days.

I did keep up normal 3D, picking up and putting down, that was a journey too, starting with 3ds max, to sketchup, cinema 4D, and now playing with blender. But zbrush isnt something you can use usually in archaeology, sadly.

Man I miss that sometimes though! Sculpting in the round was so much fun. I have to go back at some stage! Time! Where is the infinite time I need! :(

No comments: